Opportunities - Volunteer & Career
Primary Care Network (PCN) Administrative Assistant
The Comox Valley Division of Family Practice is offering an exciting opportunity for a Primary Care Network (PCN) Administrative Assistant to support the developing PCN Network.
This is a full-time position. This role reports to the PCN Manager. Working hours are flexible, 35-37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Some early morning meetings are required monthly. Due to current COVID-19 constraints, it is anticipated that the role will largely be performed from home, although some work out of the Division office (St. Joseph’s Hospital campus, Comox) and other locations within the Comox Valley PCN will be required once COVID restrictions are lifted.
Divisions of Family Practice were created through collaboration between the Ministry of Health and the BC Medical Association (now Doctors of BC) and are community-based groups of family physicians working together to achieve common health care goals. The Comox Valley Division of Family Practice represents primary care physicians across multiple settings in Courtenay, Comox, Cumberland, and Denman and Hornby Islands. Associate members include family medicine residents, nurse practitioners and midwives.
The Primary Care Network is being implemented and supported through a partnership between the Comox Valley Division of Family Practice, Island Health, the First Nations Health Authority, and local Indigenous partners. One of the goals of Primary Care Networks is to enhance patient care using a team-based care approach. The implementation and delivery of the PCN has a strong focus on culturally informed care and cultural safety and humility.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· Provide administrative support to the Primary Care Network (PCN) team, its committees and working groups;
· Support the gathering, input, processing and analysis of data and information to assist in the development and evaluation of the PCN;
· Organize, maintain and update electronic contact and distribution lists (e-mail);
· Disseminate information as and when requested among stakeholders;
· Prepare meeting materials, including reports, presentations and agendas;
· Record meeting notes and prepare summaries which may include action items, decision logs, parking lot logs and participant satisfaction, in a timely manner;
· Arrange and support meeting and event logistics (date/time/location and catering), equipment needed and RSVP’s, including virtual, online meetings (especially Zoom);
· Respond to stakeholder inquiries about specific initiatives;
· Represent the PCN program to all stakeholders;
· Assist with developing and maintaining positive relations with stakeholders, partners, other professionals and the community;
· Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information as per organizational policy;
· Collect, manage, store and use information in accordance with the Personal Information Privacy Act (PIPA);
· Demonstrate and promote a commitment to cultural safety and humility;
· Participate in regular PCN and Division team meetings (including notetaking and chairing as required);
· Participate in ongoing learning opportunities for Cultural Safety and Humility and other job specific topics as approved by the PCN Manager;
· Prepare and assist in delivering a variety of communications for the PCN, the Division and their initiatives. (e.g. online newsletter, posters, website maintenance);
· Support other team members in the performance of their roles;
· Other duties to support the work of the PCN and Division as required.
Qualifications, Experience and Preferred Profile
We are seeking an experienced, confident individual who is committed, efficient and comfortable working within a close-knit team. Essential qualities for the ideal candidate include the ability to deal with potential ambiguity, to cut through complexity to identify core issues and to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support. This role calls for initiative, resourcefulness, good problem-solving skills, attention to detail and excellent communication and organization abilities. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is also key to success in this position.
· Bachelor’s degree (ideally with a project-based component) or a high school diploma (advanced administrative training or certification preferred)
· Two-plus years of demonstrable project administration experience
· Solid understanding of typical project implementation methodology, approach and tasks
· Excellent administrative and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Experience with communication planning and management is highly desirable
· Experience with virtual communication platforms such as Zoom
· High computer literacy with strong working knowledge of standard software, particularly the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
· Self-directed with an ability to work in a partially virtual manner
· Ability to work effectively both independently as well as a member of a team
· Desktop Publishing skills are an advantage including working knowledge of a design program, such as Adobe, Canva, Creative Suite or Microsoft Publisher
· Experience using online e-newsletter programs, such as MailChimp
· Experience with online survey platforms: Checkbox or Fluid Surveys
· Limited travel may be required for this position. The successful candidate will have a valid BC driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes. Attendance at evening meetings will be required on occasion.
The successful candidate will be expected to work independently, with his/her own home office set up, including Wi-Fi, cell phone. The Division will provide a computer and other necessary equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- administrative assistant: 1 year (preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Interested candidates are welcome to sent their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.