Thinking of Practicing in the Comox Valley?
Whether joining an existing practice, starting your own practice, or seeking locum positions in the Comox Valley, here are some useful resources to get you started:
New Physician Orientation Package & Practice Resources
The Welcome Package provides useful information on Comox Valley physicians, clinics, health-related services, schools, housing, community services, and things to do in and around the area.
Explore permanent job opportunities now!
Government, Health Authority & Licensure Links:
- BC Ministry of Health - Overall responsibility for healthcare in BC
- HealthMatch BC - Govt of BC healthcare recruitment
- Social Insurance Number - Applying for a Canadian SIN
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia - Applying for registration/licensure in BC
- Island Health - Vancouver Island health authority
- Medical Services Plan - Applying for a MSP billing number
Practice & billing resources:
- Doctors of BC - Voluntary association of physicians, residents & medical students
- Canadian Medical Protective Association - Liability Protection
- Billing Tips & Resources - South Island Division & North Shore Division
- Canadian Medical Association - Guides for transitioning in & out practice (log in required)
Locuming at a Comox Valley clinic
Physicians from other jurisdictions considering locum work in British Columbia must obtain registration with the College of Physician and Surgeons of BC. Visit the College of Physicians an Surgeons of BC website for more information.
The clinics who list their coverage requirements with Division use a Standard Locum Contract for all locum coverage. Download a copy of the Standard Locum Contract and review the list of Comox Valley clinics.
Discover the Comox Valley Region!
- Hello BC - Comox Valley >
- Discover the Comox Valley >
- Communities within the Comox Valley >
- City of Courtenay >
- Town of Comox >
- Village of Cumberland >
- Denman Island >
- Hornby Island >
- Check out these videos:
Comox Valley Practice Change Toolkit
If you are planning on retiring or changing practice, the Comox Valley Division has created a document packed with useful information and templates on things you need to consider and do. Click to download.
Recruitment Coordinator email: firstname.lastname@example.org