Comox Valley Virtual Care Coordination (VCC)
In partnership with the Rural Coordination Centre of BC (RCCbc) the Division provides support for physicians and other health providers who want to offer virtual care to their patients by supporting in-clinic technology solutions, MOA workflow, and patient set up and tech support.
Please contact the Comox Valley Virtual Care Team for more information or to request support.
Doctors Technology Office Resources
Training Support for Doxy.me | The Doctors Technology Office has created a series of short 'how-to' videos to assist you in getting going with virtual care using Doxy.me. You can find their online Learning Series here, including a link to a recent webinar facilitated by local physician Dr. David Harrison.
Zoom licenses available free of charge for community providers.
DTO, in partnership with the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA), is providing Zoom for Healthcare licenses to community providers (family physicians, nurse practitioners, and specialists). For further information:
- Registration Instructions (PDF).
- Zoom for Healthcare: Training videos (link is external).
- Zoom for Healthcare: Quick start guide for patients (PDF).
Guides and Handouts:
- Quick Start Guide for Telemedicine (DTO)
- Virtual Care Tool Kit (DTO)
- FAQ for Patients (DTO)
- Poster for clinics providing virtual care visits during COVID-19
- Guide to eFaxing from Home (DTO)
- Guide to Mailchimp and Fongo (video and guide)
Practice Support Program (PSP) Resources
The PSP has a team of regional coaches that provide 1:1 support to GPs and teams to enable and optimize the use of virtual care technology in family practice. PSP coaches can provide support around workflow and office efficiencies, and can connect you to a peer mentor for additional supports if needed. If you’d like to receive support from PSP, contact your PSP representative.
- Temporary telehealth billing changes for Covid-19 (March 16, 2020)
- CMPA Consent Form for Patients
- Using Facetime
- Telemedicine for Opioid and Cannabis Prescriptions
- CMPA FAQs on Virtual Care (questions 7 and 8)
More information and one-on-one support:
Please contact the Comox Valley Virtual Care Team