Comox Medical Clinic
** PLEASE SEE OUR RECRUITMENT WEBSITE for FULL DETAILS by clicking here **
We currently have 7 physicians who share the office time working together from full time (4 office days a week) to part time (2 office days per week) and are looking for 2 additional family physicians in either a FULL-TIME, PART-TIME or LOCUM capacity. Why join us? These are some reasons:
- SUPPORTIVE COLLEAGUES: We have built a reputation around being there for each other in our medical practices and life beyond. Just ask any one of us.
- FLEXIBILITY: Individual office desk and exam rooms for in-person and Telehealth visits, combined with the availability of clinic space on mornings, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays if desired. We can come up with a schedule that works for you.
- EMR: Fully utilized and integrated EMR.
- PRACTICE YOUR INTERESTS: Encouragement of individual and special interest practice goals - general medicine, womens health, paediatrics, oncology, obstetrics, geriatrics, inpatient and Long Term Care work available , and surgical OR assists if interested.
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE: We all want to find the balance that is right for us. To supplement locum coverage we also offer generous cross-coverage allowing for impromptu long weekends or longer well deserved holidays.
- OUTSTANDING SUPPORT STAFF: Full time professional office manager and dedicated knowledgeable MOA staff.
- REDUCED WORKLOAD: 2 full-time Registered Nurses providing in clinic phlebotomy, suture removal, wound care, pap smears, and billable patient communication.
Start Date: as soon as possible.
Status: Permanent Full-Time, Part-Time or Locum
Shift/Hours of Work: Clinic Hours 9-5 Monday - Friday. Flexible options for evenings or weekends, if desired.
- $ 20,000 signing bonus, unique to Comox Medical Clinic for 3 year commitment of 4 office days per week (prorated for part-time). This is in ADDITION to benefits as listed below.
- Fee for Service. Eligible for Complex Care Billings, Chronic Disease Management Billings and all other Community Longitudinal Family Physician (CLFP) billing codes to those eligible.
Overhead: Proportional Cost-Sharing Agreement Used
Benefits: May be eligible for additional remuneration in accordance with the Rural Subsidiary Agreement (RSA) including: Recruitment Incentive - $10,000; Fee Premium - 6.93%; Annual Flat Fee – $7,977; Rural CME starting at $2,200/annum in years 3 & 4 in the community, increasing to a maximum of $4,400/annum after 4 years.
Qualifications: Licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia required.
** PLEASE SEE OUR RECRUITMENT WEBSITE for FULL DETAILS** by clicking here **
The Comox Valley is tucked in between the Beaufort Mountain Range and Salish Sea on the east coast of Vancouver Island. Just 20 minutes by air from Vancouver or a beautiful hour of coastal driving north from Nanaimo. Accessibility to year round activities in a thriving coastal community are almost all located within 30 minutes downtown, including:
- Amazing local beaches including those of Tofino and Long Beach located within the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve.
- Growing family centered community with wide ranging educational options from private to public schools, Montesori, French Language and Immersion, distance learning and local post secondary degree options through North Island College located in the Valley.
- Well connected Airport (YQQ) with local, national and even some international connections.
- Endless groomed and back country hiking trials.
- Downhill, Cross-Country skiing and snowshoeing within 30 minutes of downtown at the Mount Washington Alpine Resort.
- 200 km of maintained world class Mountain Biking trails.
- Thriving arts community with over 50 annual festivals.
- Hip eateries, restaurants and a multitude of fantastic local brew pubs - Some of the best Sport Fishing in the world including Salmon, Halibut and Ling Cod.
Contact: Candice Wheeldon (Office Manager)
#100 – 1695 Comox Avenue, Comox
Tel: 250-339-3223 (direct line) and ask for Candice or Dr. Michael Neufeld