Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic
What is the Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic?
The Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic provides after hours access to non-emergency, urgent care for medical concerns that cannot wait to be seen by your family doctor. Care is provided for people who need medical care within 12 to 24 hours, or are hurt and need to see a doctor quickly.
Listed on PathwaysBC Medical Directory
What are the clinic's hours?
The Comox Valley After Hours Urgent Care Clinic is open for same day appointments:
Monday to Friday:
5:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays:
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
When should I book an appointment?
If you need to see a doctor quickly and it is not an emergency. For example, when you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Cough and/or colds
- Cuts, wounds, or skin conditions
- Infections such as chest, ear, and bladder
- Back pain
- Sprains and strains
- Minor injuries
How do I make an appointment?
Call 250 334 9241 for an appointment after 4:00 pm on weekdays and after 8:30 am on weekends and statutory holidays.
What services are not provided at this clinic?
This clinic is not a replacement for routine care from your family physician. Are you looking for a family doctor or nurse practitioner? Sign up with the Health Connect Registry and you will be contacted when a primary care provider becomes available.
Services not provided include:
- X-ray, ultrasound, medical imaging, or CT scanning or laboratory services
- Intravenous therapy
- Narcotics (opioids)
- Prescriptions for narcotics or tranquilizers (benzodiazepines).
- Completion of medical forms, such as for Persons with Disability (PWD) and private insurance, or provision of doctors’ notes.
- Second opinion for ongoing concerns
- Chronic disease management
Office staff and doctors will support you in determining if the care you require is best provided through this clinic.
Should I go to the Emergency Department?
If you are experiencing a health crisis or have a serious illness or injury and you need medical care right away, go to the Emergency Department or call 911. Examples of when to use the Emergency Department are:
- Chest pain
- Trouble breathing or short of breath
- Any kind of bleeding that does not stop
- Suspected stroke
- Overdose or poisoning
- Broken bones / dislocated joints
- Severe allergic reactions
Where is the clinic located?
Above the Superstore in the Washington Park Walk in Clinic:
757 Ryan Rd (2nd Floor), Courtenay, BC