A one-stop hub for resources that have been developed to support our members. Download a handy printable family practitioner resources at-a-glance > for your bulletin board.
Questions / feedback on any of the resources here? Reach out to email@example.com.
Up To Date
Access to Up to Date > for best evidence & clinical decisions guidance.
Contact Caitlyn at firstname.lastname@example.org > to access Rx Files for objective comparisons for optimal drug therapy.
Login to pathwaysbc.ca > for streamlined access to team-based care referrals, forms & clinical resources. (Need an access key? Contact email@example.com).
EMR Tip Sheets & Forms
These tip sheets outline basic EMR functionality. They're great tools for medical students, residents, locums and/or new-to-practice family physicians who might be unfamiliar with a particular EMR.
- ALL forms, available here on Pathways >
- Profile EMR Forms, available here on Pathways > includes over 60 new & updated forms to import into your Profile EMR.
With the MBMD secure messaging App you can:
- Send secure messages between GPs/SPs across IH & soon facility based Nurses and Home Health
- View up-to-date Call Board within the App
- Attach images directly to the message
- Indicate level of urgency to help colleagues answer in appropriate time
- Stay legal - all data is transmitted 100% safe & secure (unlike texts!)
- Receive admissions and discharge notifications, & more!
Download the App & access resources >
Health Connect Registry Guide
The Kootenay Boundary Health Connect Registry (KB HCR) is a centralized registry for unattached patients seeking a primary care provider in the region.
Check out the KB HCR Guide for Clinics > to learn more about how to use the KB HCR to support your clinic. Whether it’s streamlining the management of patient waitlists, referring priority unattached patients, supporting your clinic when a practitioner retires or departs, or finding the right balance of new patients when you’re ready to attach, the HCR can help!
Virtual Care Coordinators
KB Division has dedicated virtual care coordinators to support practitioners, MOA's & patients. Our virtual care coordinators can provide:
- Implementation support to set up your clinic for virtual visits.
- Training for providers & staff on use of virtual tools
- Training for patients on use of virtual tools, ensuring they have the right equipment & strong internet connection
- Testing of video calls between clinic(s) & patient prior to appointment
Contact Kristy Zamec at firstname.lastname@example.org >
The Emergency Preparedness Toolkit provides practical resources to help clinics take a proactive approach to plan and prepare for emergencies such as fire, flood, and internal threats that could impact operations. These resources also support the regular review of established emergency plans & include practice scenarios.
Access the toolkit & learn more >
MOA HR Toolkit
A one-stop hub for clinic managers & leads with HR tools, resources, & more - at your fingertips! From MOA recruitment to onboarding & professional development these resources have you covered. Explore moatoolkit.ca >
Explore kbculturalsafety.org > to access clinic & practitioner resources including the 'Cultivating Culturally Safe Care in Your Clinic' toolkit, an inventory of Aboriginal patient resources, & more.
Developed by the KB Cultural Safety Working Group with the support of Kootenay Boundary Division of Family Practice, Circle of Indigenous Nations Society, & the Kootenay Boundary Aboriginal Services Collaborative.
KB Specialist Referral Guides
KB specialists have developed referral guides, pathways, and/or tip sheets for their specialties to assist family practitioners in doing better workups in advance of a referral, referring appropriately, & managing patients while they await a consult.
- OBGYN Patient Referral Guide >
- OBGYN KBRH Lab-Semen Analysis Instructions >
- Internal Medicine-Heart Function Clinic Patient Referral Guide Dr.Woodrow >
- Ophthalmology Patient Assessment & Referral Guide-Dr.Faye Pesenti >
- Urology Patient Referral Guide-Kootenay Urology; Dr. Robinson & Dr. Brotherhood >
- Ear, Nose, Throat Patient Referral Guide -Columbian Ear,Nose,Throat; Dr. David Cook >
- Ear, Nose, Throat-Silent Reflux (Laryngopharyngeal Reflux) >
- Radiology Patient Referral Guide KBRH, Kootenay Boundary Regional Hospital >
GP/SP Consults - Best Practice Checklist
A tool to support effective communication & flow of patient information, coordination, & integration - Download the checklist >
Access the Gender Affirming Care Toolkits & Resources >
Developed through the Kootenay Boundary Shared Care Gender-Affirming Care project.
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
Access the ACEs Toolkits & Resources >
Interested in Adverse Childhood Experience history taking in your clinic? For more information on embedding ACEs into primary care, please contact Leila Dale, project manager at email@example.com.
Access the Chronic Pain Toolkits & Resources >
Developed through the Kootenay Boundary Shared Care Chronic Pain project.
Social Determinants of Health
Access the Povery Intervention Tool & Resources >
Developed through the Kootenay Boundary Shared Care Social Determinants of Health project.
Visit embedsdh.ca > to learn more about embedding the Social Determinants of Heath into your practice
Frailty Roadmap For Families >
Developed by Dr. Trevor Janz with support from Vancouver Division of Family Practice.
Access the Toolkits & Resources >
Developed by Dr. Trevor Janz with support from KB Division.
Access the Toolkits & Resources >
Developed through the Kootenay Boundary Shared Care Palliative Care project.
Child & Youth Mental Health
Perinatal Health & Newborn Supports
Home Health Algorithm
IH and KB Division worked together to produce the "Home Health Referral Process" algorithm with the objective of streamlining HH referrals. Download it here >
Download a spreadsheet of Regional Diabetes Services > in Kootenay Boundary. View the presentation outlining these services >