Long Term Care Initiative
What is the Long Term Care Initiative (LTCI)?
The Long Term Care Initiative has ensured that each Fraser Northwest patient in a long term care facility has a dedicated GP Most Responsible Physician (MRP). The Fraser Northwest Long Term Care community has coordinated efforts to support GPs in optimizing care for their patients in long term care through implementing these five best practices:
- GP participation in care conferences
- Proactive GP visits
- Meaningful medication reviews
- Completed documentation
- On-call support network (24/7 availability and on-site attendance, when required)
How do you access?
Often your primary care provider will have discussions with you and begin initiating the patients' transition into long term care.
What if you don't have a primary care provider? Call the number below if you think you qualify
- New clients: Getting answers to questions about your service needs begins with a call to the Fraser Health Service Line: 1-855-412-2121.
- Current clients: Call the Home Health office in your community.
Click on a facility for more information
|Belvedere Care Centre||Buchanan Lodge||Hawthorne Care Centre||Eagle Ridge Manor|
|Cartier House||Kiwanis Care Centre||Nicola Lodge|
|Dufferin Care Centre||Queen's Park Care Centre||Shaughnessy Care Centre|
|Foyer Maillard||Royal City Manor|
|Lakeshore Care Centre||William Rudd House|
Fraser Health Seniors Resources
The Fraser Health Authority has compiled numerous resources for seniors which include some topics such as:
- Long Term Care
- Advance care planning
- Age-related hearing loss
- Assisted living
- Dementia and Alzheimer's disease
- Financial and legal matters for seniors
- Fraser Health's family guide to services for seniors
For these resources and more, visit www.fraserhealth.ca/seniors