Our Division provides primary care practitioners with a stronger collective voice in the integrated delivery of primary care and seeks to improve both patients' experiences and physicians' professional satisfaction. Incorporated in November 2010, we now have over 450 members!
It is our goal to provide a collaborative and innovative approach to patient care based on a strong and transparent relationship between our Division, Kwikwetlem First Nations, the GPSC, Fraser Health Authority and the Ministry of Health. We have made a strong start in identifying health care needs in the local community and are hard at work developing solutions to meet those needs.
Fraser Northwest Division Vision & Mission
Fraser Northwest Division of Family Practice strives to be a leader in supporting a healthy and sustainable community of:
- Doctors committed to continuity of care
- Patients participating in managing their health
- Primary care which is accessible and relationship based
Fraser Northwest Division of Family Practice is committed to building a positive primary care experience through:
Being the nucleus for primary care improvement in our region.
Improving access to care through increasing the number of family physicians.
Supporting family physicians to improve their capacity to provide care.
Establishing a network for collaboration between family physicians and other health care partners and community stakeholders.
Providing a voice for our family physicians through grassroots engagement, dialogue, idea gathering, and participation.
Engagement with our patients to understand their expectations and needs.
- We prioritize key projects in accordance with our vision and mission and only after consultation with our members.
- We appreciate the strengths and diversity of all our members.
- We approach the work of the division in the spirit of collaboration, transparency, authenticity, integrity, and accountability.
- We aim to adapt quickly and respond to our members and their patients' needs.
- We strive to be fiscally responsible.