Our Vision, Mission and Values
An empowered, vital, and interconnected network of Family Physicians (FPs) who drive physician and patient wellness and health system change in our community.
- To champion physician and patient health in our community
- To empower our members to become leaders in evaluating and shaping the healthcare system
- To remove the silos that separate Family Physicians from each other and the broader community of healthcare providers
Engagement | We believe in creating a thriving community of involved, active and valued family medicine practitioners.
Representation | We believe our Division should represent all its members - their unique experiences, values, and perspectives.
Physician Wellness | We believe physician wellness should be a core concern in everything we do.
Our 2023-2025 Organizational Goals
- To Champion Physician Wellness with a particular emphasis on addressing, reducing and preventing burnout as the primary barrier for physicians to achieve wellness
- To Embed Active and Effective Practice Management in family practice via resources (Allied Health and otherwise), tools, supports, training, mentorship, and change management
- To Enhance Family Physician Connections focusing on evolving and strengthening the Surrey-North Delta FP-to-FP network, removing system barriers, enabling collegial relationship building and providing opportunities for clinical and non-clinical collaboration
- To Empower Family Physicians To Be Change Leaders by encouraging and supporting Family Physicians to act as a collective voice for advocacy, influence, and successful navigation of healthcare system change in our community and beyond.
Our Four Operational Pillars
Our four operational pillars represent the strategies, initiatives and activities undertaken by the Surrey-North Delta Division of Family Practice in support of our organizational goals, values, purpose and vision.
- Recruitment, Wellness, Retention and Retirement
- Supporting Family Physician capacity, growth and wellness in Surrey-North Delta
- Enacting retention and retirement strategies to support FPs throughout their careers while enabling and preserving patient attachment and access to primary care services.
- Governance, Finance, HR and Administration
- Supporting SND Division governance
- Management of the Board of Directors
- The overall administration of our organization and its resources
- PCN and Strategic Initiatives
- Focusing on patient care, system transformation and optimization and quality improvement
- Fostering relationships between Family Physicians and other healthcare providers and partners
- Physician Engagement and Practice Support
- Family Physician engagement
- Engagement of other healthcare professionals (i.e., Nurse Practitioners)
- Building and strengthening the Surrey-North Delta FP-to-FP network
- Fostering and enabling quality improvement work focused around the Patient Medical Home