South Island Division of Family Practice

Patient Resources


Health Connect Registry

If you or your family need a family doctor, please go to the Health Connect Registry and click on the area where you live (eg. Western Communities or Saanich Peninsula.) Complete the registration questions and you will be added to the waitlist.


Walk-In Clinics 

You can go to a walk-in clinic for:

  • Medical care for you and your family
  • Medication
  • Prescription refills
  • Referrals to specialists and lab testing

Walk-in clinics offer phone or video appointments first and set up an in-person visit if it's needed. You can use the Pathways Medical Care Directory to see local options.

Call the walk-in clinic first thing in the morning for an appointment with a doctor. Go to for a list of a walk-in clinics and their wait times.


Perinatal Care

If you don't have a Family Doctor and need perinatal care, call 250.727.4000, extension 16034. This phone number is for the VGH Urgent Antenatal Clinic. The Clinic's phone is answered, and messages returned, Monday to Thursday, 8:00 AM to 4:00PM.


Where to Find Care When You Do Not Have a Family Doctor 

Your pharmacy can give you an emergency prescription refill if your medication runs out before you can see a doctor.

If you don't have a Family Doctor and need an emergency prescription refill, Eagle Creek Medical Clinic may be able to help.

Chronic Diseases, Annual Physicals and Baby Check Ups
For medical issues that need more time with a doctor, please book more than one appointment at the walk-in clinic.

Standing Orders
Walk-in clinics can give you a new standing order.

Pap Smears, STI Checks and Sexual Health
You can get a pap smear and STI check at a walk-in clinic or at Island Sexual Health clinics. You can also find a doctor to perform a pap smear through BC Cancer Screening's Clinic Locator

Flu and Covid-19 vaccines are available at pharmacies and public health clinics

If you need vaccines to travel, contact the Victoria Travel Clinic.

Mental Health, Substance Use, Addictions and Social Services
A walk-in clinic can help you with these issues. Other great places for help are: 

Mental Health, Substance Use, Addictions and Social Services for Youth (Ages 12-24): 

For medical questions, please contact HealthLink BC by dialing 8-1-1 toll-free in BC (7-1-1 for deaf and hearing impaired people). Their service is available every day at all times. You can speak with a person who can help you connect with a health professional.

If you have a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 or visit your nearest emergency department.


Drivers Medical Exam

If you need to have a Drivers Medical Exam, contact Eagle Creek Medical Clinic for more information.