Finding a Family Doctor
Join the waitlist for a Family Doctor
Please note: This waitlist is for residents of Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore, Belcarra, or New Westminster. If you are a resident of a different community you can check your local Division of Family Practice website for options on finding a family doctor.
- After registering on the waitlist it can take 12+ months to get a family doctor or nurse practitioner. It takes an average of 200 days but wait times can vary.
*Please note that due to the high volume of unattached patients in our community and shortage of doctors accepting new patients, we are only able to offer the waitlist at this time.
Other options for finding a family doctor in the FNW division:
- Check the Pathways Medical Care Directory: www.pathwaysmedicalcare.ca
- Ask family and friends for a recommendation and if their family doctor is currently accepting new patients.
- Use Healthlink BC to find a local Walk-in Clinic.
- Use Medi-Map to see the current wait times for Walk-in Clinics.
- Check our Clinic List & click the website links. Sometimes clinics post on their website when they are accepting patients.