Looking For A Doctor Tips
A GP For Me
Tips on Finding A Family Doctor
- Ask a close relative or friend to ask their Family Doctor to take you on as a patient.
- If you are visiting another health care provider, such as a specialist, ask them if they know of any Family Doctors that are accepting patients.
- If you are visiting a walk-in clinic, ask the doctor if they would be willing to take you on as a patient.
- Ask if you can be put on a wait list when you call if they are not currently accepting patients. They can call you when they have room for new patients.
- Connect with your neighbours and ask them how they found a Family Doctor.
- If you are part of a faith-based community, ask if there are Family Doctors within this community that would be willing to take you on as a new patient.
- Visit the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC website for a list of Family Doctors in Burnaby that are accepting new patients.