The GP/SP Consults project ran from May 2018 to June 2019 with the goal of improving relationships and developing better referral and consult practices, communication protocols, and approaches to sharing care for complex patients.
- A session with nine GPs and six SPs to explore how past events have shaped relationships, and envision how future relationships could look
- A social network mapping exercise between 25 GPs and 18 SPs to better understand current referral and collegiality patterns
- A Doctor’s Lounge event facilitated by Shared Care and the Kootenay Boundary Physicians Association, attended by 37 GPs and 17 SPs who explored relationship issues and shared care for complex patients
- A series of Thought Leader meetings attended by seven GPs and five SPs who discussed how to address relationship and communication issues, key elements of referrals and consults, and the potential for specialty-specific care algorithms
- Two Newsflash updates, one conveying who to contact post-operatively for patient complications for all specialties in Kootenay Boundary; the second, a Quality Referral and Consults Pocket Checklist distributed to all physicians
Project Quick Links:
Questions? Want to learn more? Please contact Rachel Schmidt