The goals of the In-patient Care Initiative are to:
- Support KB GPs in delivering in-patient care
- Better compensate and support family physicians practising in the community as a means of encouraging them to care for their own patients (and patients without FPs) when they are admitted to the hospital
- Ensure patient care is well coordinated and comprehensive when they are transitioning between hospital and FP offices in the community.
- Retain a critical mass of family physicians delivering in-patient care services in KB
- Enhance collaboration between FPs , and between FPs and Interior Health.