Work and make a difference in your community.
Title: Attachment Coordinator
Location: Chilliwack, BC
Hours: 0.6 FTE, preferred days Tue, Wed, Thu
Wage: competitive, dependent on education and experience
Start Date: March 23, 2021
Duration: Maternity Leave – 12 months
Work and make a difference in your community! The Chilliwack Division of Family Practice is a non-profit society that represents family doctors and nurse practitioners in Chilliwack, Agassiz, Seabird Island and Hope. Our ideal team member is a fun, approachable professional with prior experience as a front-line support person. Listening, communicating, and working well with a diversity of people is critical to this role, as is having a sense of humour. You will play a key role in supporting the attachment of patients to local family physicians and nurse practitioners who have capacity.
One of our amazing team members is going on maternity leave and we are looking for someone that will predominately support our Patient Attachment Mechanism and Waitlist as an Attachment Coordinator. This position requires a motivated, energetic, self-directed team member that can work in a busy, professional, multi-tasking environment. You provide exceptional customer service in a friendly, calm, personable manner. You can work accurately and efficiently while interacting effectively and in a supportive manner to providers and patients. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
Examples of the activities the Attachment Coordinator is responsible for include:
- Delivers the highest level of customer service through effective communication both in person and over the phone.
- Communicates with professionalism and tact.
- Works with community physicians and nurse practitioners to determine capacity to accept new patients.
- Coordinates attachment of patients from a waitlist to accepting providers.
- Follows up with patients and providers to confirm attachment.
- Enters patient demographics into OSCAR and scans the intake form into OSCAR.
- Maintains the waitlist and data for reporting purposes.
- Other duties as required.
A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to the completion of a Medical Office Assistant Diploma plus a minimum of 3 years recent related experience in health care. Experience with OSCAR is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, prioritize multiple tasks and provide excellent customer service skills
- Independent worker with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in the use of computers and office equipment
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to collaborate with other multi-disciplinary team members
- Ability to maintain patient privacy and confidentiality
- Flexibility and the temperament and skills to manage change
- Must be able to work well under pressure, and to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion and professionalism.
The Attachment Coordinator will work three days a week, generally 8am-4pm, preferred days are Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. For the right team member we can be flexible on those days. They will attend early morning, daytime, or evening meetings as required.
Please apply, including resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the email subject line: Attachment Coordinator – Mat Leave 2021.
The posting is open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, but only those applicants who will be interviewed will be contacted.
Vision: Extraordinary health care by engaged family practice providers.
Mission: To empower family practice providers to deliver, in partnership, access to longitudinal, comprehensive health care.