Looking for a Family Doctor or Nurse Practitioner?
Click the following links to sign up for our Patient Attachment Mechanism (PAM) waitlists!
How does it work?
If you live in the Central Island health region (Port Alberni, Parksville, French Creek, Qualicum Beach, Nanoose Bay, Lighthouse Country, Errington, Lasqueti Island and Arrowsmith Coombs Country), and you do not already have a doctor or nurse practitioner in the area, please visit the links above and answer some basic questions about yourself and where you live.
• If eligible, you will receive an email to confirm that you are on the waitlist.
• We’ll be in touch when we have the capacity to attach you. Please note that there is extremely limited capacity in Central Island, and waiting time is likely to be long. However, those on the list are the most likely to be taken on as patients with new or existing health practitioners.
• This service is only available for those that do not currently have a family doctor or nurse practitioner in the Central Island health region.
• You will also receive info on accessing alternate care while you wait.
• Paper copies of this self-registry are available at the Oceanside Health Centre, and volunteers can assist you to fill them out if needed.
Call 250-937-9629 for information on options available to you while you wait for care, or visit our homepage for options.