Please check back here for details on upcoming MOA Network meetings, newsletter postings, and any job postings in the Oceanside and Port Alberni areas.
Please contact Jennifer Taylor if you have an item that you would like added and circulated to the MOA Network.
|Flowerstone Family Health Clinic||
Flowerstone Family Health Clinic Clinic Manager
Job Title: Clinic Manager – Flowerstone Family Health Clinic
Reports to: Flowerstone Family Health Clinic – Clinic Director
Status: Contract Term – 12 Months with renewal options
Hours: 20 hours per week, M-F with flexibility to attend meetings (as discussed)
Contract Rate: $40.00 per hour
Closing Date: Dec 13, 2023 – Start date: ASAP (to be discussed)
Are you looking for flexible part-time work with a team of supportive and hardworking individuals in a bright and modern office environment? Look no further!
Flowerstone Family Health Clinic (FFHC) is looking for an experienced Clinic Manager to help lead and support their dedicated team. FFHC has been successfully operating in Qualicum Beach, BC since 2020. This medical home is a Nurse Practitioner-led primary care clinic that supports a team approach to healthcare. The Flowerstone team currently includes 5 nurse practitioners (NP), 3 MOAs and is also supported by an Oceanside PCN Registered Nurse and Pharmacist.
The specific responsibilities of the position include working with the NP Clinic Lead/Clinic Director position to execute the strategic operational plan to achieve FFHC’s vision, mission, and values including promoting a positive office culture.
● Maintain the overall flow of the clinic and be responsible for the administrative management necessary for running a successful healthcare facility.
● Provide HR support to all staff and be the direct supervisor for the Medical Office Assistant staff.
● Advise the Clinic Director on the quality, as well as safety of care and service provided to patients of the clinic.
● Organize and hold general staff meetings and administrative MOA specific staff meetings as well as establish regular communications, training, and update strategies with staff.
● Participate in planning of medical human resource needs. Contribute, as required, to the hiring of clinical staff.
● Ensure appropriate clinical policies and procedures are in place.
● Ensure FFHC’s daily clinic operations are effective and efficient, and meet the requirements of the Board and the relevant regulatory bodies. Act as the point person for conflict resolution amongst staff, difficult patient scenarios, staffing challenges, etc.
● Ensure HR policies, procedures and job descriptions are developed, reviewed regularly, and meet legislation requirements, such as the Employment Standards Act and WorkSafe BC.
● Work with the Clinic Director and board Treasurer to prepare an annual budget. Attend monthly meetings with the Clinic Director to review budget and monthly expenses.
● Negotiate with service providers, suppliers, and medical sales representatives.
● Identify and evaluate the risks to the Clinic Director, members, staff, contractors, services, and with the Clinic Director implement measures to control risks.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, management, or another related field.
· 5 years recent related experience in a medical clinic office or specialist office.
· Experience with management, human resources, staff supervision and staff scheduling.
· Experience working with a culturally diverse staff and patient population.
· Knowledge of health care delivery relevant to British Columbia is an asset.
· Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
· Ability to work independently and within a team, and effectively motivate and influence others.
· Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet commitments and deadlines.
· Microsoft office experience and demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, consultative and interpersonal skills, and proven ability to build lasting, positive, productive, collaborative relationships.
· Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients from varying backgrounds.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Liz Gilmour firstname.lastname@example.org,
|Qualicum Beach Medical Dental||
Qualicum Beach Medical is seeking a part time MOA to join their team. They are an office with two MOA's, looking for a third. Hours may increase depending on availability and flexibility.
MOA certificate would be an asset or relevant work experience in a medical office or health related field, but not mandatory. Willing to train someone who would be a good fit and eager to learn.
Successful candidate must have the ability to multi task with attention to detail and work efficiently without supervision. Duties include scheduling and triaging emergency appointments, managing communications between physicians, specialists and other modalities.
Please apply with resume and cover letter in person to Qualicum Beach Medical, 173 Fern Rd. W.
UPCOMING MOA NETWORK MEETINGS
For Oceanside MOAs - Date TBD - Early Spring 2023