Division Career Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time position
Salary range: $40K - $52K
Work Location: Hybrid
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
The Sunshine Coast Division of Family Practice is offering an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant position.
Divisions of Family Practice were created through collaboration between the Ministry of Health and the BC Medical Association (Doctors of BC) and are community-based groups of family physicians working together to achieve common health care goals. The Sunshine Coast Division of Family Practice represents primary care physicians across multiple settings in Sechelt, Gibsons, Pender Harbour and neighboring communities on the Sunshine Coast. Associate members include retired family physicians, family medicine residents, other specialists, nurse practitioners and midwives.
The Administrative Assistant supports the Division and Primary Care Network (PCN) Manager, leadership team, and committees by providing logistical support, following up on the action items, preparing and distributing communications materials, processing invoices and expenses, maintaining databases, and conducting general administrative support duties.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Reporting to and provides administrative support to the Division Administrative Manager and Primary Care Network Manager.
- Provides scheduling and logistic support for meetings; preparing and distributing meeting materials, takes minutes and follows up on action items as necessary. This may involve liaising with committee chairs to coordinate meetings. This may involve attending meetings outside business hours.
- Supports communication by developing and distributing public materials, responding to enquiries from physicians, PCN team members, and the public through multiple channels, including telephone, email, written correspondence and newsletters.
- Assists in the coordination of Division/PCN events by organizing venues, catering, event materials and registration.
- Support financial procedures in accordance with financial policies; processing Physician sessional fees; Accounts Payable and preparing billings for upload into bookkeeping system; processes accounts payable into DEXT system.
- Format and edit correspondence, reports, briefing notes, presentations, and a variety of other documents. May also be asked to research and compose documents listed above.
- Supports program evaluation activities by collecting information and collating data.
- Updating and editing Division and FETCH websites, as well as Division Social Media (Facebook and Instagram) accounts as required, to ensure timely, streamlined internal and external communications.
- Administers and maintains databases by entering data, managing users counts, and ensuring information is accurate and current.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize a busy portfolio of work.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Professional use of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Problem solver who takes initiative, is prompt, flexible and accountable.
- Ability to work with changing deliverables.
- Willingness to travel to various clinics across the Sunshine Coast.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional early morning/evening hours as required.
- Local candidate will be preferred for this role.
- Previous MOA experience is an asset.
Travel between multiple communities on the Sunshine Coast may be required as is use of a personal vehicle. A valid BC Driver's License is required.
How to Apply:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant” and your Cover letter and Resume attached for consideration.
- Deadline for apply is November 30th, 2023
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Download position description here