Work and make a difference in your community.
Title: Project Coordinator - Primary Care Network
Location: Sunshine Coast, BC
Full-time / Temporary
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Remuneration: Hourly rate commensurate with experience, benefits not included
The Sunshine Coast Division of Family Practice is looking to hire a full-time temporary Project Coordinator on contract until end of September 2021, with possibility of extension.
The Sunshine Coast Division of Family Practice and Vancouver Coastal Health are developing a joint program to support local needs that addresses Primary and Community Care. Known as Primary Care Networks (PCNs), these programs are supported by Ministry of Health and led by local physician and health authority leadership. This position has a flexible schedule that involves work with physicians, clinic management teams, health authority, Shishalh Nation, and community partners. Meetings will often be remote and local travel or in person meetings will be contingent upon COVID restrictions.
PCNs are a provincial program led by Ministry of Health that aim to redesign and transform primary care. There are different elements to build and enhance primary care capacity in a community.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator will:
- Provide research, analysis, project coordination and support for the PCN Steering Committee and Project Manager
- Provide analytical expertise including quantitative and qualitative analysis, literature reviews, evaluation and coordinate the maintenance of project documentation and project reporting
- Create, maintain, and track all project documentation to provide validation to ensure deliverables and objectives are met
- Prepare and coordinate various documents as required
- Ensure various internal and external stakeholders involved maintain a supportive and mutually beneficial working relationship
- Coordinate meetings; development and implementation of action plans
- Provide administrative support and other ad hoc duties as required
Projects include, but not limited to
- Development of a local needs assessment to support PCN development
- Integration of a Primary Care Social Worker into primary care clinics
- Launching a Patient Engagement Strategy
- Local Cultural Safety Education and Training
- Deployment of Pathways, an online resource for physicians and community
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, health care, social sciences or equivalent years of experience
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize a busy portfolio of work
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Professional use of the English language, both written and verbal
- Problem solver who takes initiative, is prompt, flexible and accountable
- Ability to work with changing deliverables
- Willingness to travel to various clinics across the Sunshine Coast, contingent on COVID restrictions
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional early morning/evening hours as required
- A local candidate is preferred with knowledge of local community and health services
How Can I Apply?
Email email@example.com with the subject “Project Coordinator Application” and your resume attached for consideration.