The Thompson Region Division of Family Practice is an independently registered non-profit society. The Division gives local physicians and other primary care providers an opportunity to work collaboratively with the Interior Health Authority, the Family Practice Services Committee, and the Ministry of Health to identify health care needs in the local community and develop solutions to meet those needs. One of the areas of work that the Division supports are projects and services aimed at improving primary care capacity in our region.
We're Hiring: Administrative Coordinator
The Thompson Region Division of Family Practice is seeking an Administrative Coordinator. This exciting role provides Division-wide support acting as the “hub” for administration and office coordination activities.
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: Hybrid – This position works two days a week from the office in Kamloops with an option to work remotely for up to three days per week.
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours/week)
Compensation: $25-$38 per hour plus extended health benefits, parking, and RRSP matching program.
- Provides the Executive Director with executive assistant support such as email, calendar management, and document and travel coordination.
- Provides general administrative support to the operations and programmatic team including preparing clear and concise meeting agendas and minutes for all meetings.
- Responsible for office phone line and main email account including receiving, screening, prioritizing, and responding to emails, calendar invites and other coordination requirements.
- Provides scheduling and logistics for meetings and events, including venue, meals, resources, IT equipment, room set up; prepares and distributes related meeting materials in advance of meetings.
- Prepares draft correspondence, reports, briefing notes, meeting correspondence and agendas, PowerPoint presentations and other related documents.
- Assists with the coordination and administrative support of the daily operational activities of the Division including, but not limited to, coordination of sign off requirements, financials, reporting, policies/procedures, IT, Human Resources, and Communications.
- Seeks ways to continuously improve organizational processes, productivity, and efficiency in the organization.
- Responsible for Records Management including data management, audits, pulling reports, and creating templates and plans for best practices.
- Maintains contact management system and mapping of member services within the Division.
- Maintains office processes to include inventory protocol, supplier contracts, safety, and workflow.
- Supports office management including purchasing office supplies, maintaining office inventory, general office maintenance, and facilitating minor office repairs.
- Coordinates Occupational Health & Safety for the office.
- Performs other duties as required.
Committed Team Member
- Contributes to a high performing and engaged work environment and supports all team members in a collaborative, professional, and positive team culture.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Division and its goals, mission, and values.
- Works with a commitment to cultural safety and humility at all times.
- Two years of recent, related administrative support experience and post-secondary education in a related certificate or diploma program.
- A combination of education, skills and experience will be considered.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and relationship building skills with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Possesses integrity, confidentiality, and high ethical standards.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to coordinate and track projects and their progress, including action items.
- Proficient computer and software skills, including MS Office 365 and willingness to learn others as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask items with competing deadlines at various stages of completion.
- Able to work independently and take initiative with minimal supervision as well as collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Ability to be resourceful, problem solve and troubleshoot.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify opportunities for improvement.
This position will be 37.5 hours per week from approximately 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. with early and late meetings required up to three times per week.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Thompson Region Division of Family Practice is committed to improving equality and promoting diversity in the workplace. We strive to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe, and ensures everyone is heard and valued for their contributions. We value diversity in the people we employ.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$38.00 per hour
Expected hours: 37.5 per week
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kamloops, BC V2C 2P5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).
- Do you have a related certificate or diploma from a post-secondary institution?
- Administrative: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Practice opportunities and locum opportunities can be viewed at docsbc.ca.