How to Become a Member
Members of the SOS Division work together to achieve common healthcare goals, strengthen primary care and family medicine, develop programs of value to our local primary care community, and improve patient care.
To become a general member or an associate member, fill out this Join Now form.
For more information, contact Julie Young, Member Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who can become a Member or Associate Member?
Family physicians practising in our communities in any capacity, such as clinical practice, walk-in clinics, locum services, and in specialized services such as emergency physicians, can become general members of the SOS Division.
Specialists, nurse practitioners, family medicine residents, and midwives can become associate members in our Division, and are important partners in working with family physicians to improve primary care in our communities.
Membership in the South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice is free of charge.
Benefits of Membership
Being a member of a Division offers many potential benefits, including:
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a division practice area.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collegiality and access to physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention, and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, such as scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.
- Financial support for any time a physician spends sitting in on working groups.
- Support for continuing medical education and other Division events.
- Free subscription to UpToDate (available to physicians only at this time).
All members of the South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice are invited to participate in our committees and initiatives.