How to Become a Member
*If you are looking for the Patient Attachment List (to register you are looking for a family physician or nurse practitioner), please click here
For Care Providers: How to Become a Member
Members of the SOS Division work together to achieve common healthcare goals, strengthen primary care and family medicine, develop programs of value to our local primary care community, and improve patient care.
Who can become a Member or Associate Member?
Family physicians practicing in our communities in any capacity, such as clinical practice, walk-in clinics, locum services, and in specialized services such as emergency physicians can become general members of the SOS Division.
Specialists, Nurse Practitioners and midwives can become associate members in our Division, and are important partners in working with family physicians to improve primary care in our communities.
Membership in the South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice is free of charge.
Benefits of Membership
Being a member of a Division offers many potential benefits, including:
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a division practice area.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collegiality and access to physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention, and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, such as scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.
- Financial support for any time physicians spend sitting on working groups.
- Support for continuing medical education and other Division events.
- Free subscription to UpToDate (available to physicians only at this time).
All members of the South Okanagan Similkameen Division of Family Practice are invited to participate in our committees and initiatives.