With a population of just under 12,000 Summerland is a pretty little town with beautiful beaches, hikes to breathtaking views and a vibrant artistic community. Summerland BC offers a variety of things to do for people of all ages and interests: take a wine tour, celebrate one of our many festivals with us, or explore the charming downtown core, bustling with boutiques, cafes and restaurants.
The town lies 16km north of Penticton and 46km south of Kelowna.
This exceptionally collegial medical community of 12 family physicians delivers primary care out of 2 clinics. In addition, there is a public health centre that delivers a wide variety of services to patients - and clinical support to physicians.
Physicians admit to Penticton Regional Hospital and benefit from shared rounds and after-hours call.
More information: Summerland Tourism, Summerland Relocation, Summerland Real Estate
Practice in Summerland
- Shared rounds at Penticton Regional Hospital (PRH)
- Community-wide Doctor of the Day after-hours call (1 in 40)
- Shared after-hours walk-in clinic
- Regular CME delivered by the PRH Medical Staff Association + the Division of Family Practice
- Incentives and support for long term care
- Teaching opportunities with UBC Okanagan South Family Medicine Residency program
- 24/7access to a wide variety of specialists
Clinics + Opportunities
Rosedale Medical Associates
Kelly Avenue Medical Clinic
|IHA - 7576|