Osoyoos is located at the southern-most end of the Okanagan Valley beside the international border with Oroville, Washington. The region of Osoyoos is considered Canada's only true desert. This area is one of the largest grape-growing regions of BC, with more than 15 estate wineries within a 15-minute drive of the town centre.
Population: 5,085 + 1,858 in surrounding area
South Okanagan General Hospital is located in nearby Oliver, offering a 24/7 emergency department,18 inpatient beds, plus pharmacy, radiology, and laboratory services.
A very popular tourist destination year-round, Osoyoos's primary care is currently delivered by eight family physicians working out of two clinics.
Practise in Osoyoos
Rural Practice Subsidiary Agreement Designation: C
- Rural Retention Fund: 5.36% premium on MSP Billings (+$5,384.07 if living in Osoyoos)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund: up to $15,000 toward relocation expenses
- New Rural Physician CME program: travel + accommodation reimbursement
- UBC Rural Physician Mentoring Program: an experienced physician to guide your first years of practice
- Rural Continuing Medical Education: up to $4,400 annually
- Rural GP Locum Program Guaranteed Rate: $900
- Rural GP Locum Program: 33 days
Clinics + Opportunities
Osoyoos Medical Clinic
View current Osoyoos listings on Health Match BC
Locum opportunities in Osoyoos are listed on the Locums for Rural BC website.