With a population of 4,824 (+ 4,000 in surrounding area) Oliver is a growing town located at the south end of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley along Highway 97, a major north-south transportation link that connects California to Alaska.
The town lies 21km north of the US border crossing at Osoyoos and 42km south of Penticton, the nearest urban centre.
Agriculture, including numerous wineries, is major economic driver - as is the abundant sunshine - both of which draw thousands of vacationers every year.
South Okanagan General Hospital is located in Oliver, offering a 24/7 emergency department,18 inpatient beds, plus pharmacy, radiology, and laboratory services.
A small town with a big heart, Oliver's primary care is currently delivered by ten family physicians working out of five clinics.
Practice in Oliver
Rural Practice Subsidiary Agreement Designation: C
- Rural Retention Fund: 5.15% premium on MSP Billings (+$4,498.20 if living in Oliver)
- Recruitment Incentive Fund: $10,000 toward relocation expenses
- New Rural Physician CME program: travel + accommodation reimbursement
- UBC Rural Physician Mentoring Program: an experienced physician to guide you
- Rural Continuing Medical Education: up to $4,400 annually
Clinics + Opportunities
Oliver Family Medical Services