Our Strategic Direction
A healthy and resilient community
Create opportunities to improve primary care for physicians and their patients
Our Core Values:
- Continuous improvement: Being adaptive and striving for excellence
- Accountability: Strengthening trust through openness and reflective action
- Collaboration: Working in partnership to build and sustain a healthier community
- Equity: Working towards fair and just opportunities for health and wellness
Download a PDF of our 2023/24 Strategic Plan document HERE.
Declaration of Commitment to Cultural Humility and Safety
In June 2019, Doctors of BC pledged its commitment to making our health system more culturally safe and effective for First Nations and Aboriginal peoples. Following these footsteps, the qathet Division of Family Practice pledged its own Declaration of Commitment in April 2021 based on the principles of cultural safety and humility, and includes promoting these principles to the members we support.
The Declaration has three main pillars:
- creating a climate for change.
- engaging and enabling stakeholders.
- implementing and sustaining change.