***IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO & UPDATES***
Doctors and nurse practitioners, along with our partners in healthcare and government, have been working hard to help prepare Powell River's response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please stay safe, vigilant and thoughtful of others for the best results.
Sign up for up-to-date Covid-19 news to your inbox: Doctors' Notes local e-newsletter.
You can find our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/prdivisionoffamilypractice/. If you click on "Like" you'll be in the loop when new information comes out.
The Powell River Division undertook a public survey in June to gauge people's knowledge and needs related to the pandemic. Educational messaging is underway as a result. See a summary report on the results HERE.
- COVID-19 information and more can be found on our patient resource page
Household Care with Covid-19: Info sheets available from Vancouver Coastal Health for How to Self-Monitor, How to Self-Isolate & Guide for Caregivers and Household Members of those with COVID-19
- MENTAL HEALTH Supports in Covid-19: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health-safety/covid19_stressmanagement_5_accessible.pdf & our patient resource page
- COVID-19 Resource Website for Patients: The College of Family Physicians of Canada has joined the Canadian Medical Association and Royal College in supporting a new website that provides answers to common questions the public has about COVID-19. View here.
- St. Paul’s Hospital Maternity Centre Q&A: Experts answer questions about pregnancy and maternity care during COVID-19. Information here.
- RESOURCES from the BC College of Family Physicians: https://bccfp.bc.ca/covid-19/ & https://bccfp.bc.ca/myfamilydoctorcares/
- Non-medical information about COVID-19 is available 7:30am-8pm, 7 days a week at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319)
Primary Care Options:
Doctors offices are still open – call us! Thanks to technology, initial care is being offered via phone or video visits. Call your doctor's office if you need an appointment.
- If you do not have a family doctor or nurse practitioner -- CALL The Medical Clinic Associates (604) 485-6261, Marine Medical (604) 485-2430, or Family Tree Health (604) 485-9213, as they have practitioners accepting new patients. Or, anyone can CALL the Powell River Medical Walk-in clinic (604) 485-5501 to book a phone or video visit; they are also accepting new patients. Anyone from a BC First Nation can contact Tla'amin Health (604) 483-3009. Texada residents can contact Texada Health Clinic (604) 486-1525. Youth can request through Docs4Youth.
Follow the links below or call for more information on virtual care visits (phone and/or video) with local doctors/nurse practitioners:
DeFlamingh & Rossouw, 604-485-4877
Marine Medical Clinic:
Dohm, 604-485-7222 / du Toit & Scoular, 604-485-2430 / White, 604-485-9200
Texada Health Clinic, 604-486-7525
For non-emergency, confidential health education & advice, you can call 811.
For emergencies, the hospital Emergency Room is still open. If you have any Covid-19 symptom(s), call the hospital before going: (604) 485-3211.