***IMPORTANT COVID-19 INFO & UPDATES***
Doctors and nurse practitioners, along with our partners in healthcare and government, have been working hard to help prepare Powell River's response to the Covid-19 pandemic. Please stay safe, vigilant and thoughtful of others for the best results.
With Community Partners, the Powell River Division has just opened a new clinic to increase local capacity and provide timely COVID-19 testing and assessment services to patients in this time of pandemic. The Complex Clinic is located on the upper level of the Recreation Complex and will be open for testing daily (by appointment only) from 8:30 am to 11:30 am. To learn more or book an appointment visit the website: https://prcomplexclinic.com/ or call (604) 485-2028 between 8:30 am and 12 pm.
WAYS TO CONNECT WITH US
- REGULAR E-NEWSLETTER: Sign up for local up-to-date Covid-19 news to your inbox: Doctors' Notes
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram to receive regular updates.
WE ARE LISTENING
The Powell River Division undertook a public survey in June to gauge people's knowledge and needs related to the pandemic. Educational messaging is underway as a result. See a summary report on the results HERE.
- COVID-19 information and more can be found on our patient resource page
Household Care with Covid-19: Info sheets available from Vancouver Coastal Health for How to Self-Monitor, How to Self-Isolate & Guide for Caregivers and Household Members of those with COVID-19
- MENTAL HEALTH Supports in Covid-19: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health-safety/covid19_stressmanagement_5_accessible.pdf & our patient resource page
- COVID-19 Resource Website for Patients: The College of Family Physicians of Canada has joined the Canadian Medical Association and Royal College in supporting a new website that provides answers to common questions the public has about COVID-19. View here.
- St. Paul’s Hospital Maternity Centre Q&A: Experts answer questions about pregnancy and maternity care during COVID-19. Information here.
- RESOURCES from the BC College of Family Physicians: https://bccfp.bc.ca/covid-19/ & https://bccfp.bc.ca/myfamilydoctorcares/
- Non-medical information about COVID-19 is available 7:30am-8pm, 7 days a week at 1-888-COVID19 (1-888-268-4319)
Primary Care Options:
Doctors offices are still open – call us! Thanks to technology, initial care is being offered via phone or video visits. Call your doctor's office if you need an appointment.
- If you do not have a family doctor or nurse practitioner -- CALL The Medical Clinic Associates (604) 485-6261, Marine Medical (604) 485-2430, or Family Tree Health (604) 485-9213, as they have practitioners accepting new patients. Or, anyone can CALL the Powell River Medical Walk-in clinic (604) 485-5501 to book a phone or video visit; they are also accepting new patients. Anyone from a BC First Nation can contact Tla'amin Health (604) 483-3009. Texada residents can contact Texada Health Clinic (604) 486-1525. Youth can request through Docs4Youth.
Follow the links below or call for more information on virtual care visits (phone and/or video) with local doctors/nurse practitioners:
DeFlamingh & Rossouw, 604-485-4877
Marine Medical Clinic:
Dohm, 604-485-7222 / du Toit & Scoular, 604-485-2430 / White, 604-485-9200
Texada Health Clinic, 604-486-7525
For non-emergency, confidential health education & advice, you can call 811.
For emergencies, the hospital Emergency Room is still open. If you have any Covid-19 symptom(s), call the hospital before going: (604) 485-3211.