Type: Employment Part-time (average 15-20 hours per week)
Based out of Cranbrook
Contract Rate: TBD
Closing Date: Open until filled
Submit Proposals to: email@example.com
The project coordinator is responsible to assist the project manager in the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific project deliverables ensuring consistency and alignment with EK Divisions and funder strategy, commitments and goals. Projects will include the development and enhancement of services and tools that support family physicians, as we work toward a more integrated system of care.
The Division of Family Practice is an innovation in health care in BC, designed to support and advocate for family physicians, increase primary health care capacity, and improve patient health outcomes. The Division is a non-profit society, managed by an Executive Director and governed by a Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
Direct Project Coordination
- Coordinate project development and mapping, including budgets, planning, scheduling, timelines, and deliverables
- Liaise with members to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Coordinate project implementation, including monitoring budgets, timelines and deliverables and preparing reporting
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Facilitate meetings and create conversation opportunities
- Recruit and retain committee members
- Conduct research on behalf of the committee and their goals
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality improvement and assisting with evaluation
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Prepare presentations
- Attend local, regional and Provincial level meetings, as appropriate
- Assist in the development and coordination of events
- Liaise with committee chairs and stakeholders to initiate meetings and other functions.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders and Divisions staff, including communications and evaluation supports
- Schedule meetings, maintain the schedules and ensure the Committee Members and those in attendance at the meetings are prepared for meetings.
- Organize and maintain correspondence, reports, briefing notes, and a variety of documents for Working group or committee members.
- Take meeting notes including action items, maintain accurate records and follow-up on decisions made.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- 3 years+ experience in the health care field
- Strong knowledge of BC health care issues
- Previous working experience as a Project Coordinator
- Experience working with not for profit organizations an asset
- Experience in evaluation and/or quality improvement
- Strong technical skills and competencies with Microsoft Suite and other online applications
- Experience with facilitation of stakeholder/public engagements
- Familiar with policy development and/or strategy development
- Reliable vehicle, valid BC driver’s license and ability to travel throughout EK region
The EK Division of Family Practice embraces a dynamic and flexible workplace and culture.
- This position provides the opportunity for schedule flexibility. Accommodating early morning, evening and occasional weekend meeting schedules offers staff and contractors the ability to determine their own flexible schedule within the parameters of their maximum average number of hours.
- This position and nature of this work also offers some travel opportunity across the East Kootenay region.
- The work of the Division offers a combined work-at-home/structured office opportunity depending on the employee’s needs and schedule.
- The use of technology to support the roles of staff and contractors is a recognized, encouraged and supported element of the work