Regional Networks & Initiatives
East Kootenay Primary Care Network
The East Kootenay Primary Care Network (EK PCN) is working to improve the health of the population through timely access to comprehensive, person-centred, team-based care that is equitable and culturally safe. Learn more about how the EK PCN and family physicians are working together to ensure all East Kootenay residents have a home base for their everyday health care needs.
Shared Care projects improve patient care and health outcomes. Projects bring together family physicians, specialists, and other medical and non-medical professionals. Together, these partners identify and address interdisciplinary issues affecting a patient's shared care.
Other Regional Initiatives:
The EK Division gives family physicians the opportunity to drive the change they want to see. We have a broad range of regional networks, projects and system change initiatives that physicians have led through the Division in the last three years. Here are some highlights:
- Engaging with physician wellness supports (Professional Resiliency Workshops and Flourishing Physicians Peer Support)
- Increasing physician recruitment supports and services (e.g., locum travel supports)
- EK MOA Network expansion and partnership with the Practice Support Program
- Interprofessional development – training for clinic staff
- Virtual care supports
- Long Term Care Initiative
- Maternity care initiatives
- Ongoing recruitment of new physicians to the region
- Leadership opportunities for physicians on committees and projects
- Cultural safety training for PCN providers