Being a member of a Division offers a number of potential benefits, including:
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collegiality and access to physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts on recruitment, retention, and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, such as scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a Division practice area.
- Local Continuing Medical Education (CME) opportunities.
The Division gives local physicians an opportunity to work collaboratively with the Health Authority, the General Practice Services Committee (GPSC), and the Ministry of Health to identify health care needs in the local community and develop solutions to meet those needs.