WHAT IS PATHWAYS?
- It is an online specialist referral tool developed by physicians for physicians and their staff
- It is password-protected with current and accurate referral information, including:
- appointment / wait times
- specialist areas of expertise
- accepting/not accepting patients status
- It is easy to use, a single source for referral information and a wealth of physician and patient resources
- Available free of charge to Campbell River Specialists and Campbell River and District Division members
BENEFITS TO SPECIALISTS AND FAMILY PHYSICIANS:
Improves quality of referrals to specialists by providing:
- Specialists’ interests
- Areas of practice
- Referral processes and preferences
- Required investigations
- Referral limitations (i.e., pediatric cases, ICBC cases)
- Appropriateness of referrals
Reduces phone calls between offices by providing:
- Appointment wait times
- Referral forms
- Currently accepting / not accepting status
- Cancellation policy
- Office location (with Google map)
- Contact numbers
- Save or print patient instructions
- Profile updating is easy and quick.
- Provides access to information about more than 1300 specialists across BC
- Specialists can make referrals to other specialists.
- Restricted Audience: available only to physicians, some NPs, and clinical staff. Not available to the public, allied health providers, nor health authorities.
Already registered? Visit Pathways at: www.pathwaysbc.ca
Want to learn more or register? Please contact either:
Julie Collis, Pathways Administrator - email@example.com
Christine Colbert, Executive Director - firstname.lastname@example.org