Long Term Care Initiative
Campbell River and District is coordinating with the GPSC’s Long Term Care Initiative (LTCI) for Campbell River. This initiative is designed to enable divisions to develop local, scalable and sustainable solutions that target to meet the following five best practice expectations and three system-level outcomes.
Best Practice Expectations:
1. 24/7 availability and on-site attendance when required
2. Proactive visits to residents
3. Meaningful medication reviews
4. Completed documentation
5. Attendance at Care Conferences
- Reduced unnecessary or inappropriate hospital transfers
- Improved patient / provider experience
- Reduced cost / patient as a result of higher quality of care
Participating in LTCI
Caring for patients in LTC can be quite different than caring for patients in our regular practice. A toolkit has been created to provide an overview of important information, an introduction to the four LTC care homes in Campbell River, tips and links to valuable resources, as well as, the local LTCI financial incentives that are available to participating providers.
To obtain a copy of the LTC Toolkit, please log into the Campbell River Division's Members Page.
PINK BAND PROJECT
Below are the Pink Band Project resources to share with your nursing staff. These resources explain what the Pink Band Project is, and how it works. Thank you for circulating these to your staff, if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to either Sadie Mack (email@example.com) or Jody Macdonald (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Pink Band Toolkit:
- Pink Band Project - W5 (Improving Communication Between Long Term & Acute Care Teams)
- Ordering Pink Bands for Private LTC Homes
- Long Term Care Transfers - Cheat Sheet of Steps for ED Nurses
- Transferring to the ED - Cheat Sheet of Steps for Nurses
- Island Health COMPLEX CARE Resident ED Transfer Form
- IDRAW – Tool
- IDRAW – Information Transfer and Communication at Handovers