The Campbell River and District Division of Family Practice represents family physicians in Campbell River, Oyster River, Quadra Island, Sayward, and Gold River.
Together, the members work to improve patient access to local primary care, increase local physicians’ influence on health care delivery and policy, and provide professional support for physicians.
The Campbell River and District Division gives physicians an opportunity to work collaboratively with Island Health, the FPSC, and the Ministry of Health to identify health care needs in the local community and develop solutions to meet those needs.
Benefits of Membership
Being a division member offers a number of potential benefits, including:
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a division practice area.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collaboration.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention, and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties attached to Doctor of the Day program.
- Advance notice of upcoming events including CME.
- Opportunities to support colleagues, patients, community, and district through working committee participation.
- Local, regional, and provincial support for Division initiatives and priorities.
- Regular Division updates through E-bulletin.