Primary Care and Addictions Outreach Team
As part of the response to COVID-19 an outreach team has been working to help address care gaps for vulnerable and unsheltered people in Campbell River in the context of the current pandemic. The team has been following a set schedule to provide outreach to various locations in Campbell River in collaboration with the MOUHSS (Mobile Outreach Unit for Health and Support Services). The MOUHSS (“Moose”) is a project created by the Kwakiutl District Council (KDC) and supported by the Division of Family Practice as well as other local sponsors. Services on board the mobile unit at present include social work, counselling, nursing (primary care nursing and connection to positive wellness), GP for urgent primary care (including COVID screening and swabbing) and addiction treatment.
For more information, including a copy of the schedule, please click here.
Shaw Spotlight has also created a video regarding the work that Leanne & the Moose offer Campbell River - Click here to watch the video
Overdose Emergency Response:
- BC Centre for Disease Control: COVID-19: Harm Reduction and Overdose Response
- Toward the Heart: Overdose in the Context of COVID-19 Outbreak: Droplet Precautions
- BC Centre of Substance Use: COVID-19: Information for Opioid Agonist Treatment Prescribers and Pharmacists.
- BC Provincial Health Officer letter to all social sector stakeholders
- BC Housing: COVID-19 Update