Opportunities: Permanent Long-term Care positions
Long-term Care MRP - EOI
Do you enjoy working in team-based environments? The Victoria and South Island Long-term Care Initiative (LTCI) is seeking family physicians interested in working in collaborative practice models to provide medical care to residents in our region’s 37 long-term care homes. The LTCI supports its physician members by providing services and resources to enhance and streamline long-term care practice:
- Annual stipend – receive quarterly payments to meet best practice expectations.
- After-hours, weekends, and stats medical coverage by a dedicated LTC physician call group.
- Assistance, tools, and resources - to focus your long-term care practice with LTCI program team support.
- LTCI Clinical Learning Series - provides opportunities for ongoing education.
- Parking passes - for Island Health sites, and assured parking at other long-term care sites.
- Fax-to-email services - for timely communications.
- Billing optimization support - through the LTCI billing guide and access to our billing consultant.
- Established resident panels available at a variety of sites across the region.
- Physicians work in collaborative medical practice models including CORE, TORCH, and informally organized models.
- Flexible work schedules to accommodate physicians’ family and other work commitments.
- Sites in with openings include:
- Aberdeen Hospital (Victoria)
- Amica Jubilee House (Victoria)
- Amica on the Gorge (Saanich)
- Beckley Farm Lodge (Victoria)
- Berwick House (Victoria)
- Parkwood Court (Victoria)
- The Priory (Langford)
- The Heights at Mount View (Saanich)
- The Vista (Esquimalt)
- Victoria Chinatown Care Centre (Victoria)
- Victoria Sunset Lodge (Esquimalt)
What we are looking for:
- Dedicated, hard-working and collaborative family physicians.
- Ability to work as a team with Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Allied Health Professionals.
Open to physicians currently practicing as FPs, ERPs or Hospitalists.
More information about the LTCI can be found here: https://vicsi-ltci.ca/
To set up an initial call with a coordinator to learn more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org