COVID-19 Resources and Updates
- Nanaimo’s Family Physicians continue to see patients.
- Call your physician if you are physically or mentally unwell.
- The initial visit with your doctor will be by phone or video followed by an exam when needed.
- Stay safe, practice physical distancing, and be well.
- Please click the link below for more information on the walk-in services available at:
Press Releases from the Nanaimo Division of Family Practice re: COVID-19
- Press Release: Patient Info for Covid-19
- Press Release: Nanaimo Physician's Seeing Patients - Business as Unusual
- BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment tool
- Province’s COVID-19 information hotline for non-medical information about the virus.
- The toll-free phone line is open from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. seven days a week.
- BC Centre for Communicable Diseases
- COVID-19 Updates Island Health
- Health Link BC
- Physician Health Program
- BC COVID-19 Support App
- Article on 'Evolving in the era of COVID-19' by UBC CPD.
- Article on the stealth transmission of COVID-19 by the BC College of Family Physicians.
- Article on the evidence around masks for healthcare workers by the BC College of Family Physicians.
- Immunizing your child during COVID-19
- Island Health COVID-19 resources
- Island Health Medical Staff Updates is updated from Monday to Friday (excluding Holidays)
- MyHealth (provides virtual access to health records, including COVID-19 test results)
- Need extra support? Call the Vancouver Island Crisis line at 1-888-494-3888.
- For the Nanaimo Division's COVID-19 Office Safety Plan & Guidelines, please click here.
- For a compiled list of Covid-19 resources, please click here.
COVID-19 vaccine information tools for doctors
Doctors of BC’s COVID-19 updates page now contains a number of products specifically for doctors. These include answers to questions doctors have about their own vaccinations and the mass vaccination roll-out. There is a section for patients and a toolkit for doctors’ practices. Materials arriving soon will include downloadable fact sheets and FAQs for patients. The Doctors of BC communications team is also developing a marketing campaign to address vaccine hesitancy and encourage the public to get vaccinated.
Please send suggestions and ideas for other possible useful resources to email@example.com.
Please see the 'External Opportunities' page of our website for a full list of upcoming COVID-related training opportunities. A partial list is shown below.
Walk and Talk with the Doc - Kids, Families, and COVID-19
Walk and Talk with the Doc - Social Work and COVID-19
Walk and Talk with the Docs - Mental Health and COVID-19
COVID-19 Resource Hub
We have a comprehensive COVID-19 hub of reliable education and resources being offered by UBC CPD and other education providers.
Email us any questions or suggest resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.