Benefits of Membership
Being a member of a division offers a number of potential benefits, including:
- Shared efforts to provide full-spectrum primary care.
- Greater impact on the organization of local and regional health services around a division practice area.
- Improved access to health authority and specialist services.
- Enhanced professional collegiality and access to physician health and wellness programs.
- Shared efforts for recruitment, retention and locums.
- Support from colleagues in caring for complex or unattached patients.
- Reliable assistance with duties historically falling to call groups, such as scheduling and meeting organization.
- Strong financial and practice support for information technology programs and pilot projects.
- Cost-savings on office supplies purchased from Corbett Office Supplies and shredding services with Interior Mobile Shredding.
UpToDate Available to Divisions Members
The knowledge system software, UpToDate, is available free of charge, for members of the SNO Division who are included in the calculation for infrastructure funding.
As you may be aware, we have recently had some changes to our webpage and we are working to get everything back to normal. Many of you have been experiencing issues with UpToDate.
Direct access to the UpToDate:
To access the UpToDate mobile app or the UpToDate website without going through the division’s website, you need a username and password provided by UpToDate, which is separate from your division website information:
- Sign in to the division’s website (if you do not remember your login, please contact Peggy Crough).
- Click on the My UpToDate link at the top of the page to be redirected to the UpToDate site.
- Once on the UpToDate site, you will be prompted to register with UpToDate. Once you do this and receive your UpToDate username and password, you will be able to log into the UpToDate site directly or into the mobile app. If you are not prompted to register, click on the “My Account” link in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Note: your access is valid for 180 days after you last log in through the division’s website. If you will be logging in mainly through the mobile app, don’t forget to log in through the division’s website occasionally to confirm that you are still a part of our license. UpToDate will send you an email reminder if you are coming close to that cut-off.
RxFiles is an academic detailing program providing objective, comparative drug information that is offered free of charge to SNO members.
RxFiles serves health providers and educators through newsletter reviews, Q&As, Trial Summaries, and up-to-date drug comparison charts. The clinical relevance of these materials comes from their initial focus as academic detailing tools for the front line practitioner wanting to provide the best possible drug therapy for their patients.
Why should I use RxFiles?
How do I access the SNO member subscription?