PCN Salaried Service Contracts
The Ministry of Health has announced a new initiative to help recruit family physicians in BC. They have created salaried service contract funded positions for family physicians interested in starting patient panels, who haven't already had a permanent practice. Vancouver has been allocated a pre-determined number of positions for full service family practice and we are currently identifying interested clinics and eligible candidates.
The salaried service contract positions for Vancouver are limited in number, and will be filled as mutual matches are made. The process will be the same as the current process for recruiting locums and permanent physicians to clinics through the Division. When clinics are looking for help recruiting a physician, they can reach out to our team. We post the opportunity on a variety of different platforms on their behalf, and circulate the opportunity to eligible physicians who might be a good fit. Based on physician preferences, we introduce clinics and physicians to determine if there is a mutual fit to explore. With support, physicians and clinics can together identify if a salaried service contract is the best way to move forward.
These contracts are one piece of the Primary Care Network development underway in Vancouver. Clinics and physicians interested in the salaried service contracts must be willing to participate in Primary Care Network development in their local areas as they evolve.
All six Community Health Areas (CHA) in Vancouver have been approved and there are positions all across the city for family physicians looking at these salaried contracts.
To browse available clinics in Vancouver, click here to access our new recruitment website.
Qualification Criteria for Clinics
- Clinic uses an EMR
- Clinic has more than two physicians at the clinic
- Clinic has physical space to accommodate a physician (2 exam rooms during shifts)
- Must have primarily full-service family practice
- Clinics must be willing to participate in Primary Care Network development in their local areas as they evolve.
- No one clinic or clinic owner in a PCN can receive more than 40% of allocated FPs for the region *any clinic granted more than one FP will be reviewed and confirmed eligible on a case by case basis
Qualification Criteria for Physicians
- Family physician who currently does not have a patient panel
- Agreement to attach patients according to Ministry of Health schedule
- Physicians interested in the salaried service contract must be willing to participate in Primary Care Network development in their local areas as they evolve.
**NEW** Overview of New N2P Contract
**NEW** Contract Template
**NEW** GP Backgrounder and FAQ
If you are interested in your clinic hosting a salaried service contract physician contract, or you are a physician looking to start a patient panel under the salaried service contract model, please email us.