Salmon Arm Seniors Health and Wellness Centre
The SNO Division is very pleased to be working with Dr. Kate McCarroll on developing a Seniors Health and Wellness Centre in Salmon Arm.
The goal of the program is to improve seniors care through timely access to specialized teams of healthcare practitioners who will provide a comprehensive geriatric assessment, intervention, treatment and follow-up care; focusing on independence, health promotion and prevention, stabilization and improvement of seniors’ health in the community.
Target Population: Medically complex and physically frail older adults that would have:
- Frailty Scale (scoring between 4-6)
- Geriatric Syndromes: Bladder and Bowel Problems; Sleep Issues; Cognition including Delirium, Depression and Dementia; Falls and Mobility; Nutrition and Hydration; Pain and Medications
- Multiple medical and psychological co-morbidities combined with social, economic and environmental factors
- Inclusive of Dementia (mild to severe)
- Clients must be agreeable for treatment
- Clients must have the potential to improve
Services offered at the Centre:
- Collaboration with Clients existing community support network (e.g. family physician / NP, Home and Community Care Case Manager) as well as linking client and family with services and resources (e.g. home and safety assessments; financial assessments; nutritional assessments; coordination and collaboration with home support)
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, customized inter-professional care planning with the client and the family, personalized interventions and short-term follow-up and transitioning to community services
What we are not able to do (at this time):
- Urgent assessment and treatment
- No on-site diagnostics
Click here to access a referral form to refer any patients that may benefit from the services being offered at the Seniors Health and Wellness Centre.
The Seniors Health and Wellness Centre is located:
Marine Park Plaza
781 Marine Park Drive,
Salmon Arm, BC
Phone: 778 489 5191
Fax: 778 489 5256