Careers with the Richmond Division
RDFP Communications Coordinator
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and publishing content in a variety of outlets (including websites, web, and email channels) as well as monitoring and engaging with various audiences including our physician members, their office staff, stakeholders, and the public. This role will also support various team members in the areas of communication planning and research and assist with marketing of opportunities in Richmond.
We are seeking an energetic and positive “can do” team player with a range of communication skills who is able to build relationships and credibility with busy health professionals while working in a culturally diverse community. If you are seeking a varied Communications position with responsibility for key pieces of work, this position is for you.
In addition to paid leaves for personal and healthcare needs, a starting holiday benefit of 15 days per year, our employee benefits also include extended health care, dental care, vision care, life insurance and an employer matched RRSP program. The Communications Coordinator is an in-person role with some flexibility to work from home. Some early morning or early evening meetings may be required but will not be frequent. All employees are provided with a cell phone, laptop, and the equipment necessary for the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, produce, publish, and maintain content for websites, using Drupal
- Plan, produce, publish, and maintain newsletters and bulletins in Mailchimp
- Design engaging and creative materials using Canva
- Create, distribute, and monitor surveys in Checkbox
- Use of our professional equipment for photography and videography
- Support the communication needs of our physician members, their staff and other health professionals
- Support various areas of our organizational engagement plan
- Market practice and employment opportunities
- Create, plan, and direct public facing awareness campaigns
- Collaborate with other organizations including VCH and government representatives
- Deliver culturally safe and appropriate materials
ABOUT YOU, THE CANDIDATE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, or a related field required
- Minimum 2+ years in a related role, preferred
- Experience with MailChimp, Canva, HTML, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, required
- Experience in graphic design and video production, required
- Effective and clear communication skills (written and oral), required
- Ability to multitask and effectively prioritize with a high level of organization required
- Ability to handle highly confidential material and information with professionalism and tact.
- Cultural awareness and competency
The Richmond Division of Family Practice is a community-based not for profit organization comprised of 210 Family Physicians who practice in Richmond, BC. More information about us can be found on our website: https://divisionsbc.ca/richmond.
The Richmond Division has excellent access to PPE and cleaning supplies, and fully adheres to all WorkSafe and workplace standards regarding COVID-19. The office setting is in an administrative office separate from any spaces designated for patient care.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.