The provincial Communications team always welcomes the opportunity to work with you to support your media relations efforts in a way that works for you. If you so choose, communications can help with any or all of the following:
- Identify whether your story is likely to garner media attention.
- Work with you to pitch your story to the media, including the preparation of news releases, media advisories and media fact sheets.
- Proactively contact reporters with background information, negotiate interview parameters, time and location.
- Help craft your key messages with you for media interviews.
- Provide practice interviews.
- Offer advice when you receive an unexpected call from a journalist.
- Arrange local media training for your spokespeople so you are prepared when you're ready to get your division's stories out through the media.
- Monitor media coverage.