Locum Opportunity - Harvie Medical Clinic
Locum opportunities are available for family physicians looking to work and experience beautiful Powell River, BC. There are four physicians in this clinic offering full service medicine to a diverse patient population.
Locum Dates: Please contact the clinic directly for the current dates available.
- Compensation - Fee for Service; contact office for Locum contract
- Benefits/Incentives – Eligible for Rural Retention Premiums (10.5% on top of MSP billings in Powell River), Complex care, CDM and Attachment billings
- On-call obligations – weekday hospital & LTC coverage
- Schedule – flexible; current hours are 4 days per week
- Qualified for licensure under the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons.
- Has a commitment to providing full-service, continuity of care family medicine.
- ER shifts and OR Assists are available.
The clinic is located in a bright, well-maintained medical building within a five-minute walking distance from the hospital. There are three other health care offices located in the building: one family physician, one OB/GYN, and two general surgeons. The clinic has a welcoming reception area and four physician rooms, each with an office space and examination area. Each physician has his or her own panel of patients, but provide cross-coverage for each other when needed.
Powell River has a diverse medical community comprised of over 40 family practitioners and specialists. There is potential to continue practicing at the clinic on a permanent basis.
Technologies clinic has to offer
- EMR: Med Access
Hours of operation
Clinic is open Monday - Friday (8:30am–5:00pm). Each physician determines his or her own schedule.
Clinic contact information:
Harvie Medical Clinic
6935 Harvie Avenue
Powell River, BC V8A 5H9
Phone: (604) 485-0136
Dr. Danielle Marentette,Family Physician CCFP
Danielle Marentette has been practicing in Powell River since 2008, providing full-service Family Medicine. A graduate of the UBC Medical school, she quickly fell in love with the Harvie Ave clinic, lifestyle, and medical community in Powell River. Dani and her husband have 2 young children and they enjoy spending time with family and friends in the outdoors.
Dr. Charles Van Zyl,Family Physician CCFP
Charles moved his family from South Africa to Powell River in 2014 after spending time in BC previously in his career. Graduating from the University of Stellenbosch in 2003, he divides his time between the clinic and the ER. Charles and his wife have 2 young children.