A Locum opportunity to join a team of Family Practice Physicians and a Nurse Practitioner is available.
Family Tree Health is a group of community-minded health care providers with a vision for an integrated health centre offering primary care delivered by a team of health professionals.
Accommodations may be available upon request.
Locum Dates: Please contact the clinic directly for current dates available.
- Compensation: Fee for Service
- Benefits/Incentives: Eligible for Rural Retention Premiums (10.5% on top of MSP billings in Powell River)
- On-call Obligations: Weekday in-patient & on-call residential care home coverage
- Weekday coverage provided by team of doctor’s but yours if you want it
- Schedule: Office hours are 9-5 but can be flexible
- Overhead: 70/30 for office work; 95/5 for out of office (inpatients, ER, OR assist)
- ER/GPA shifts available if desired
- Qualified for licensure under the BC College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Has a commitment to providing full-service, continuity of care family medicine
- ER shifts and OR Assists are available
- Weekend in-patient and residential care coverage available for a group of doctors
The Family Tree Health clinic is located in the heart of Powell River and is just minutes walk away from the hospital, recreation complex and Millennium Park trails. The clinic has a warm reception area, 6 exam rooms, a treatment room and offices. Each Physician and Nurse Practitioner has his or her own panel of patients, but provide cross-coverage for each other when needed.
Each provider determines his or her own schedule.
Three amazing MOA’s run the daily operation clinic.
Powell River has a diverse medical community comprised of over 40 family practitioners and specialists.
EMR: Telus Wolf
Hours of operation
Hours of Operation: Clinic is open Monday - Friday (9:00am–5:00pm)
Each physician determines his or her own schedule.
Clinic contact information:
Family Tree Health
7019 Alberni Street
Powell River, BC V8A 2C2
Phone: (604) 485-9213
Dr Leta Burechailo, Family Physician CCFP
Leta is a family physician, outdoor enthusiast, soccer mom, mountain biker, and perogy maker. Leta started her family medicine career in 2002 in the wilds of Northern Ontario. From BC originally, Leta and her partner Chris Morwood settled on Powell River as the place to set roots and raise their children. She divides her physician work between family practice, the Public Health Unit's Youth Clinic, and community health literacy projects.
Dr. David May,Family Physician CCFP
David has been a family doctor for 24 years. His areas of focus are palliative care and pain management, mental health, and anesthesia. David has designed a chronic pain module and teaches that module throughout BC. David is an avid gardener, loves fly-fishing, cooking locally grown food, and supporting local producers. He also enjoys a glass of wine from time to time.
Dr. Chris Morwood,Family Physician CCFP
Chris has practiced family medicine in Powell River for 10 years. He and his partner Leta moved back to the Coast for the medical community and lifestyle. As a family physician, Chris focuses on prevention and encouraging healthy habits early in life. An avid cyclist, Chris has spearheaded projects for introducing bike lanes, teaching school-age kids cycling and organizing active transportation events in the community.