Medical Office Assistants (MOA) Network
Do you have passion for providing quality compassionate care in a challenging and rewarding role as an MOA? Are you enthusiastic about making a difference in the Mission community by supporting local health care? If you answered yes to these questions, we want you to continue reading.
The Mission Division of Family Practice supports Family Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Allied Health in our community. We created this network to allow for better MOA coverage in Mission. Opportunities range from part-time, full-time, and locum (holidays and sick day coverage). This is also chance to learn more and to gain experience in this exciting field.
Job Type: Part-Time/ Full-Time/ Locum
The Mission Division of Family Practice acknowledges that we live and work on the unceded, traditional, and ancestral territories of the Stó:lō People, particularly the Sq’ewelts, Matsqui, Kwantlen, and Leq'á:mel Peoples.
- Telephone triage, schedule and confirm medical appointments, greet patients with current COVID-19 protocols, receive and communicate messages
- Use EMR software, and other computer applications to book appointments or prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories, and medical records
- Ask patient questions in order to complete intake forms or other documents. Help patient’s complete health history forms
- Operate office equipment. This includes voice mail messaging systems, photocopies, fax machines, and document scanners as well as keep examination areas clean, orderly, and stocked with supplies
- Completing referrals, blood pressure, and vitals
- Urinalysis, pregnancy testing, spirometry, glucose monitoring (depending on clinic)
- Immunization management and ordering
- Take adequate medical history and medication list
- May supervise and train other staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- General High School Admissions Requirement
- MOA Certificate from an accredited educational institution or 3-year experience as an MOA
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM
- The ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- The ability to deal effectively with difficult behaviours
To join our network, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to Cristina Rouillier (email@example.com)