Job Title: Family Physician, Primary Care Network
Geographic Location: Mission BC
What is a Primary Care Network?
In Mission more than 10 000 people are in need of a primary care provider.
Bring your clinical expertise and passion for providing quality, compassionate care to a challenging and rewarding role as a Family Physician with the Primary Care Network (PCN) in Mission, BC. The PCN in Mission is a team-based, collaborative approach to patient care. We are working together to transform the way that primary health care is delivered in our community which includes strategies for:
- Enhanced mental health and substance use services
- Enhanced maternity care
- Enhanced primary care clinic for some of the most vulnerable and complex patients in Mission
- Enhanced Indigenous health services
- Enhanced outreach for seniors and youth
Do you have a passion in any of these areas? This exciting opportunity is ideal for Physicians who have a passion for innovation, creativity, program development and whose expertise aligns with one or more of our overall strategies.
The Mission primary care network is a partnership between the Ministry of Health, Fraser Health Authority, and Mission Division of Family Practice. Primary care network attributes include:
- processes to ensure all people in a community have access to quality primary care and are attached within a PCN;
- provision of extended hours of care, including early mornings, evenings and weekends;
- provision of same-day access for urgently needed care through the PCN or an urgent primary care centre;
- provision of comprehensive primary-care services through networking of primary-care providers and teams, to include maternity, inpatient, residential, mild/moderate mental health and substance use, and preventative care;
- co-ordination of care with diagnostic services, hospital care, specialty care and specialized community services for all patients and with particular emphasis on those with mental-health and substance-use conditions, those with complex medical conditions and/or frailty and surgical services provided in community;
Does this sound like the Family Physician you want to be?
Mission Memorial Hospital is a physician run community hospital. It provides primary acute care services including 24/7 emergency, outpatient and inpatient services, general medicine, laboratory and diagnostic services.
Earnings are high with optional opportunities:
- ER contribution
- residential care
- youth clinic
- attachment clinic
- maternity clinic
- hospitalist program
- as well as plenty of need for full-time family practitioners.
A little about Mission…
Surrounded by incredible beauty, the District of Mission is nestled on a southern coastal mountain slope, overlooking the lush valley of the Fraser River. This rapidly growing and dynamic centre is home to nearly 45,000 residents. Ideally situated, Mission is just a 15-minute drive from the US boarder, and approximately 70 kilometers east of the city of Vancouver. The municipality has an open and welcoming attitude to its citizens, businesses, new residents, investors, and visitors alike.
Are you motivated to join us? We require:
Current College of Physicians of BC (CPSBC) License *Provisional
Canadian College of Family Practitioners (CCFP) Eligible *Mandatory
Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) *Mandatory
If this sounds like the ideal role for you or if you are interested in a tour of our community contact Jen Cook firstname.lastname@example.org