JOB OPPORTUNITY | ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Bring your administrative expertise and passion for supporting Primary Care Providers who are working collaboratively to implement the Primary Care Network (PCN) in Mission, British Columbia.
Administrative Assistant – May 2021 (Mission Primary Care Network)
The Mission Division of Family Practice (MDoFP) is looking for the right candidate who is enthusiastic about making a difference in the Mission community by supporting local health care using their extraordinary administration and communication skills. This is a full-time role that supports the organization’s efforts in a variety of exciting initiatives including the implementation of Mission’s Primary Care Network (PCN). The PCN allows for increased access to primary care services and a more collaborative and comprehensive approach to patient care. The overall goal of PCN is to attach patients in our community to a Primary Care Provider.
The Mission Division of Family Practice is dynamic, fast-paced and passionate about the local medical community. We are looking for someone who is able to work collaboratively, has a great attitude, is self-directed, passionate about helping others in the healthcare sector, enthusiastic to work in a passionate fun and supportive culture, has flexibility in their work schedule, and has a ‘get-the job-done-attitude’.
The Mission Division of Family Practice’s operating hours are between 8:30 – 16:00, Monday through Friday on-site, located out of Mission’s Community Health Centre. The candidate must be flexible to work occasional weekends, and early morning and evening meetings.
The Mission Division of Family Practice represents family physicians in Mission, BC. The Mission Division provides local family physicians with a stronger collective voice in the integrated delivery of primary care within our community. It is our goal to provide a collaborative and innovative approach to patient-based care with a strong and transparent relationship between our Division, the GPSC, Fraser Health Authority, and the Ministry of Health.
Together, our members work to:
- improve patient access to local primary care
- increase local physicians’ influence on health care delivery and policy
- provide professional support for physicians
Our Mission-The Mission Division of Family Practice promotes sustainable primary health care through programs which address the healthcare issues of our community and physicians
Our Vision- The collaboration of local family physicians providing excellence in comprehensive primary health care to the community of Mission
Our Values- our values help guide our decisions, actions and behaviours. The Division values: quality care, member support, collaboration, innovation and trust.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will be must have:
- 2-5 years + Admin and Office Coordination experience
- Provide timely and efficient response to inquiries from members, Board, committee members, staff and external stakeholders and the public.
- Excellent technology and software skills with adaptability.
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Programs
- Word (Annual Reports, Meeting Minutes, Communications, Letterheads, Formatting)
- Excel (Spreadsheets, Budgeting/ Accounting, Data Collection, Tracking)
- Outlook (Professional Calendar Invitations for Engagements and Meetings, Internal and External Communication, Storing Contacts)
- PowerPoint (Graphic Design, Info Graphics, Posters & Flyers Original Power Point Presentations)
- Advanced knowledge on how to browse search engines, such as Internet Explorer and Chrome
- Stock photos and videos
- Uploading YouTube Videos
- Familiarity with Campaign Monitor (Asset)
- Supporting online tools such as Team Up
- Facilitating online in-person, and hybrid meetings using platforms
- Zoom (Invitations, Registration, Admission, Breakout Rooms, Screen Sharing)
- Mentimeter & Mural (Asset)
- A deep understanding of the Google Drive
- Google Docs
- Google Forms (for registration and surveys)
- Google Slides
- Google Drive
- Creating and editing PDF files using Adobe Pro (also converting Word Document/ Powerpoint into a PDF)
- Updating the Mission Division of Family Practice website to encourage visitors to browse the domain and learn about opportunities in our community
- Monitoring and confidently sharing appropriate material on the Mission Division social media accounts. Staying current with new updates as well as professionally responding to questions addressed to our organization. Stay in touch with local media to share news about what is being offered healthwise in the community.
- Facebook (on both the MDoFP and MMC accounts)
- HealthMatchBC (Asset)
- High proficiency in all Microsoft Programs
- Additional Programs
- Signal (Asset)
- Basecamp (Asset)
- Eagerness to learn a variety of software. Technical programs are constantly evolving. The expectation is to stay current and prepared for new tasks.
- Adobe (Photoshop/ Lightroom)
- Electronic Medical Records (Asset)
- Technical Support (printers and scanners, network support)
- Strong communications background
- Excellent phone, interpersonal and relationship building skills with proven diplomacy and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proven experience with meeting scheduling and logistics, preparing and distributing materials, and taking accurate minutes.
- Experience with efficient office organization, including establishing and maintaining electronic and paper files.
- Experience with financial processes and procedures and vendor services
- Meeting Scheduling & Management Support
- Able to perform multiple tasks, balance priorities and meet deadlines without close supervision.
- Able to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Familiarity with non-profit sector organizational operations (Asset)
- Must have reliable vehicle.
$40,000 - $50,000 depending on candidate’s qualifications. After successful completion of the probationary period, the hired candidate will have access to benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com