Pathways is a password protected online resource that allows GPs and their office staff to quickly access current and accurate referral information, including wait times and areas of expertise, for specialists and specialty clinics. Access to Pathways is currently limited to GPs and/or NPs (and their staff) within British Columbia who are members of a Division of Family Practice, as well as specialists who fall within the geographic boundaries of these Divisions.
Pathways will identify the best possible specialists and clinics to refer a patient to while taking into account:
- Which specialists or clinics provide the procedure or care they need for their patient
- Specialist/clinic location
- Wait times
- Investigations required by a specialist or clinic
- Specialist/clinic referral procedures
- Languages spoken in the office, etc.
If you would like an office demonstration on how Pathways can benefit you and your MOA, please call your Pathways Administrator at 250-718-0642 or email at email@example.com