1. Sustaining Your Improvement Efforts: Strategy Deployment
What is it and how can it help me?
Strategy Deployment (also known as Hoshin Planning or Hoshin Kanri -- hoshin means shiny metal or compass in Japanese), is a management process that helps executives to focus and align their organizations around the most important goals. Strategy deployment is designed to use the collective thinking power of all employees. This Strategy Deployment process is known as "catchball".
- Links goals to projects
- Engages all staff from board to front line
- Focuses and aligns around the most important goals to ensure the right projects are executed that support them
- Facilitates goals and plans to be cascaded down and up in an organization
- Allows repeated review, input, actions, and revisions
Where can I find out more information?
This link leads to a useful summary of strategy deployment. >
Healthcare Value Reports: Strategy Deployment
ThedaCare Center for Healthcare Value
This white paper provides an overview of how strategy deployment has worked for Thedacare. >
This template provides a detailed framework for strategy deployment. >
The seven steps to successful strategy deployment. >