The provincial team is pleased to announce that the new Divisions of Family Practice website will go live on July 23.
In preparation for the launch, the team will be transferring all content from the current platform to the new Drupal platform and will begin this process on July 13.
To help ensure accuracy and efficiency of the content transfer process, we ask that divisions make only urgent changes to their websites between July 9 (today) and July 23 (the site launch date). See relevant dates and instructions below:
- July 9 – Start date for divisions making only urgent changes to their websites.
- July 13 – Website content and user account transfer begins. Changes made to web pages and user accounts after this date will not be included in the transfer process.
- July 21 and 22 – Websites unavailable.
- July 23 – Drupal website goes live. DivIT business support tools (forums, calendars, work areas) no longer available. Note: All DivIT user account information, including usernames and passwords, will be transferred to the new site, so divisions will have access to their new Drupal sites. However, we encourage you to attend a training webinar before working in the new content management system.
- July 25 and 26 – Training webinars.
Training webinars and resources
The provincial team has scheduled two webinars to walk division staff through the new platform, introducing them to the new user-friendly Drupal environment, as well as key site features and functionality. The scheduled dates:
Divisions who aren’t able to attend either of these sessions can contact the provincial office to schedule support at an alternate time and date.
To prepare for working in the Drupal platform and to get the most out of the training webinars and support, visit the Divisions IT Upgrade page to view the following orientation resources:
- Top 10 differences between Drupal and the current site.
- Drupal Q&A.
- Training video (7 minutes. Password: “kreative").
- Drupal administration guide.
The provincial team will be on hand to provide ongoing support until division staff are comfortable working independently in the Drupal environment.
Access to UpToDate and user account information
On July 21 and 22, members will not be able to access UpToDate through the Divisions website. However, they will be able to access it through the UpToDate mobile app (UpToDate Anywhere) and the UpToDate website.
Click here for information on how to download the app.
All DivIT user account information except interactions will be transferred to the new site for you and will be available for you to edit as in the old site. This includes contact details, role, notes, usernames and passwords.
For questions in the meantime, contact Clare O’Callaghan (firstname.lastname@example.org).