New Denver, BC
Join an experienced rural physician and nurse practitioner in the lovely rural BC setting of New Denver on Slocan Lake! Just over an hour from Nelson, we serve a catchment area of 1900 with good local amenities that include a K-12 school.
Check out this fantastic video of the area:
The New Denver Medical Clinic, the ER, and the 28 bed nursing home all share the same facility. Three physicians provide 24/7 ER coverage and typically each schedule half day clinics. The EMR system is Intra Health Profile. Billable income is enhanced by MOCAP Level 1 on-call funding for ER coverage and we receive rural incentives as noted below.
The ER coverage is not onerous and we have telehealth capability in the trauma room. You will see all ages, acute and chronic illnesses, and occupational injuries from mining and logging plus increased activity in summer months with tourism. Our team is collegial and positive, making work a pleasure. The position will be available by mid-August 2017. Temporary rental arrangements on property may be possible. New grads welcome, as are international graduates who are eligible for provisional license in BC Our great rural lifestyle includes such favorite activities as boating, biking and snowmobiling. We are casual by nature! Come see what living and working in New Denver could mean for you!
CALL SCHEDULEHours of work: flexible
On call requirements: 1:3, 24/7 coverage
COMPENSATIONFee for Service: Estimated Remuneration - 300K
Overhead: Negotiated with the Health Authority
- Recruitment Incentive - $20,000
- Retention Premium (22.54%)
- Retention Flat Fee ($19,706)
- Relocation funding: $15,000
- Rural Continuing Medical Education: Up to $5,720
- Retention incentives: must live and work in RSA community for 9 months of the year and bill $65,000 or greater in MSP billings for the previous calendar year
- Incentives and benefits are as per current Ministry of Health and Interior Health policies and are subject to change
NOTE: Candidates with a BC or Canada student loan may be eligible for BC or Canada loan forgiveness programs.